Two days of intensive post-processing instruction!
Marc takes the mystery out of processing images as he shares techniques he's mastered in his career of over 20 years. While there are many resources out there that teach how to use Lightroom, they don't tell you how to look at your images critically. In this class, Marc will teach you how to harness the power of Lightroom, develop your own eye and to make sure you have the skills to make your own personal vision a reality. Our Lightroom workshop is not a comprehensive how-to on features. It's about learning how to think independently and create images that take your breath away.
You'll be comfortable and focused in a private meeting room in Santa Barabara's largest camera store, Samy's Camera.
What you'll learn:
- How to add keywords, development adjustments and file names efficiently while cataloging.
- Marc's unique use of the Tone curve tool
- How to efficiently apply regional edits in the Develop Module.
- How Marc uses LR and CS6 to make a round trip workflow harnessing the power of both programs.
- How to efficiently utilize Nik HDR Efex Pro 2 for optimizing an HDR scene
Friday May 17th, we'll meet at Samy's Camera at 930am. Lunch will be ordered in. We'll go until 5pm at which time you'll be given instructions to photograph at one of several nearby locations. These images will be used in Saturday's class work.
- Overview of catalog preferences and settings
- Presentation of file types and color space
- Navigational tools in Library and Develop Modules
- Step-by-step on importing into your catalog
- Keywording and flagging images
- Overview of Develop Module
- Creative ways to use regional edits within LR using Graduated Filter and Adjustment Brush
- Photography lessons for taking specific images for Saturday's classwork - composing with shapes, HDR and more
Saturday May 18th, meet at Samy's Camera at 930am, we'll have lunch brought in, and conclude at 5pm.
- The order of editing in the Develop Module
- Individual help with choosing images and making use of the Develop Module and its tools
- Using Nik HDR Efex Pro 2
- Combining LR and Photoshop for very specific masking techniques
Included: lunch on both days, plus plenty of bottled water. There are no additional lab or facilities fees. You are responsible for paying your own transportation and lodging. Recommended hotels (in no particular order): Casa Del Mar Inn, Hotel Oceano, Ala Mar Motel, Pacifica Suites, Bacara Resort, Ramada Inn, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn.