Greg is a photographer, instructor, writer, traveler, husband, and father. After living in Hawaii for many years, he now lives in Eugene, Oregon, USA. He has enjoyed many kinds of photography during his career, but his specialties are stock and assignment photography of recreational travel and the natural world.
He is the author and photographer of two guidebooks covering the Pacific Northwest USA. Photographing Oregon won the Independent Book Publishers Association Ben Franklin Award for best travel book of 2010. Photographing Washington, a photographer’s guide to The Evergreen State, won awards from the IBPA and NATJA. FarCountry Press recently published a collection of his photos of his home state titled Oregon: A Photographic Journey.
- Death Valley Safari — March 9–14, 2023
- Badlands — June 8–12, 2023
- Badlands — June 13–17, 2023
- Olympic National Park — July 24–30, 2023
- Grand Canyon — August 27 – September 6, 2023
- Yellowstone and Tetons — September 27 – October 4, 2023
- Monument Valley — October 26–31, 2023 (3 Spots Left)
- Death Valley — December 5–10, 2023
- Hawaii — February 12–19, 2024
- Scotland Isle of Lewis and Harris — March 4–12, 2024
- Ireland’s Atlantic Coast — April 29 – May 7, 2024
- Oregon Coast and Redwoods — May 27 – June 2, 2024
- Badlands — June 6–10, 2024
- Olympic National Park — July 22–28, 2024
- Grand Canyon — September 13–25, 2024
- Yellowstone and Tetons — September 29 – October 6, 2024
- Monument Valley — October 26–31, 2024
- Death Valley — December 5–10, 2024
Greg Vaughn is a terrific photographer, an outstanding teacher, and a superlative guide. Greg always 'knows the territory. It doesn't matter if he 'wrote the book' for an area, as he did for both Oregon and Washington” by the way his books are easily the best in class or if he is going to a location for the first time. In either case, you can rest assured that he will be totally prepared in every way. He will know where to go and when to be there. He will have the light figured out. He will have the iconic shot zeroed in and he'll have several variants. I have been on a number of photo trips over the past 6 years. I have done more with Greg than anyone else and he is right in the very top echelon of photography professionals. When I'm with Greg, I always have a great time, I always learn a lot about the craft of getting a great image and I always come away with images I treasure. He is the quintessential pro.
Greg has to be one of the most kind and patient photographers/human beings I have ever met. His photographic knowledge and knowledge of Olympic national park are outstanding.
Greg Vaughn is a class act. He is an excellent instructor and a gentleman. Up till now, I have booked trips based on location, but in the future, I might book a trip I would otherwise not be too excited about if he was to be the instructor.