Kevin Lisota is a professional photographer, videographer, and web developer located in Seattle, Washington. After a technology career at Microsoft, he became a photojournalist for the technology news site GeekWire where he photographs important people, news, and events in the technology industry. He is frequently on assignment photographing professional sports such as the NFL, MLS, NBA, PGA, NHL, and tennis. His favorite assignment as a journalist is to photograph rocket launches using remote cameras at the launch pad.
Kevin’s true photographic passion is nature and wildlife photography, regularly exploring the nearby mountains and national parks in the Pacific Northwest or staying up all night to experience the night sky through astrophotography. He also has a passion for adventure travel and leading photography workshops to remote places around the globe. He enjoys teaching photography and watching photographers learn and improve their work.
Kevin uses various Nikon cameras in his still photography work, Sony cameras for his videography, and DJI drones and GoPro cameras to capture unique perspectives.
Kevin is trained as a Wilderness First Responder.
- Mt. Rainier — July 31 – August 5, 2022
- Mongolia Eagle Hunters and Gobi Desert — September 17–28, 2022
- Antarctica — November 30 – December 11, 2022 (6 Spots Left)
- Gorillas Chimps and Kenya Safari — March 4–15, 2023
- Namibia Safari — April 3–14, 2023
- Galápagos — April 30 – May 8, 2023
- Newfoundland — July 2–9, 2023 (3 Spots Left)
- Mt Rainier — July 31 – August 5, 2023
- Yellowstone and Tetons — September 27 – October 4, 2023
- White Sands — October 27–30, 2023
- White Sands — October 31 – November 3, 2023
- Falklands, South Georgia, Antarctica — November 18 – December 8, 2023
- Patagonia — December 8–13, 2023
I just finished up an amazing photography workshop with Muench Workshop. The lead photographers Wayne Suggs and Kevin Lisota were amazing in their guidance to composition in the field and settings as needed. The classroom time for preparing for our landscape, astrophotography, and our post-editing education was top-notch. I encourage you to check them out and all the wonderful workshops that Muench Workshops offers.
Kevin, thank you for a terrific experience in Russia & Siberia. Your soft touch style was perfect for me as I am used to doing my own thing. But, I appreciated how you kept us on course and worked so well with Vladimir. He also did a phenomenal job and I personally enjoyed the mix of landscape, people, and night shooting. Siberian road adventures aside, the trip had a nice balance including a slice of Moscow. I enjoyed learning from your photography and travel experiences and the drone lesson too.
Wow. I can't get over how much I learned. Thank you, Wayne and Kevin! I feel so fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet such an amazing and diverse group of people. I will remember this week for the rest of my life.