Effective Date: May 15, 2018
We respect your privacy.
Here on this page we’ll describe what personal information we collect, when we collect it, and what we do with it. We’ll also talk about your choices and your rights.
To summarize, we collect information from you to deliver our services to you as you are deciding on a workshop, and to deliver the workshop experience to you if you register for one of our workshops. We will never sell or rent your information to anyone.
When purchasing a workshop from us, or are otherwise making payments for any services or products from us, we never store any of your credit card information. All credit card processing is handled by Stripe (stripe.com). If you pay by check we do retain a copy of that check for our records.
- What information we collect.
- Information we collect and use can include your name, physical and email address, phone number, and other personal information that is related to a particular trip or workshop that you are attending
- A portion of your payment data (last 4 digits, your address, and the amount) when you pay for our workshops with a credit card
- Your marketing preferences when you sign up for our mailing list
- Other information from your use of the website:
- IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to coming to our site, information about your browser, network or device (such as browser type and version, operating system, internet service provider, preference settings, unique device IDs and language and other regional settings), information about how you interact with our site (such as timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, searches, transactions, referral pages, load times, and problems you may encounter, such as loading errors).
- Information we get from our partners to support our marketing initiatives, improve our website and better monitor, manage and measure our ad campaigns, such as details about when our partner shows you one of our ads on or via its advertising platform.
- Other information you submit to us directly or through Third Party Services if you use a Third Party Service to create an Account (based on your privacy settings with such Third Party Service).
- How we collect personal information
- You send it to us when sending a general inquiry.
- When you ask us a question by email we will have your email address and other personal information that you provide to us.
- You provide it to us when you opt-in to our mailing list, and we then have your name and email address so we can send you the marketing information you have requested.
- You provide it to us when you register for a workshop. When you register for a workshop, you provide us with information we need in order to deliver a quality experience and to ensure your safety and to have you with us on the workshop. This includes your name, email address, physical address, phone number, emergency contact name and phone number, fitness level, medical conditions, dietary restrictions, photography experience level and the like. We may also gather information about flights or other transportation, and passport and visa information. This information can be collected at time of registration or via subsequent communications.
- We receive some of it from third parties (like when you pay for a workshop using our payment processor, Stripe). This is where we’ll receive your name, address, last 4 digits of the credit card, payment date, and a unique identifier of the payment made.
- We record some of it automatically (including with technology like Cookies)
- How we use your personal information
- To communicate with you
- To send you opted-in marketing and announcement newsletters
- For registration information provide to us, we use the collected information to deliver your workshop experience. This means that we may be using the information to communicate with you, our local providers (for example, a restaurant to provide you with the food you require), with travel providers to ensure a smooth travel experience (for example, providing passport numbers that may be required for hotel registrations), and with our trip leaders who are responsible for the workshop experience.
- You specifically have consented to the use of your personal information in these ways. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- Your Rights and Choices. You have the right to access, update, have changed, or have deleted any personal information we keep on file for you, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also elect to not receive marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions on those communications.
- How we protect your personal information. While no service is completely secure, we are dedicated to keeping your personal information safe. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of the personal information in our possession.
Effective Date: May 15, 2018
- Muench Workshops Ads. We partner with third party publishers, advertising networks and service providers to manage our ads on other sites. Our third party partners may set cookies on your device or browser to gather information about your activities on our website and other sites you visit, in order to provide you with Muench Workshosp ads. For example, if you visit Muench Workshops and also use a social media platform, you may see a Muench Workshops ad in your social media newsfeed or timeline.
- Opting Out. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services. We currently don’t respond to DNT:1 signals from browsers visiting our Services. You can also opt out of receiving interest-based ads from certain ad networks here (or if you are located in the European Union, here).
Third Party Tags. We use and manage third party tags on our website. Third party tags may take the form of pixels or tracking snippets. We use pixels to learn how you interact with our site pages and emails, and this information helps us and our ad partners provide you with a more tailored experience. We use tracking snippets to capture data from your browser, make requests to a third party partner or set cookies on your device to store data. We use Google Tag Manager to manage our third party tag usage. This may cause other tags to be activated which may, for their part, collect data and set cookies under certain circumstances. Google Tag Manager does not store this data.