Stunning Landscapes of the Pyrenees and Beautiful Horses of Camargue
May 16–25, 2023
The Pyrenees offer stunning panoramic photography of unique glacial cirques, canyons, and waterfalls. In Saintes Maries de la Mer we will photograph portraits and the Gypsy festival. We’ll end our time with some of the most exciting action photography on the planet—the Camargue horses with help from the cowboys of the Camargue known as “guardians.” Armed with their traditional lance, the guardians will help us take pictures of these white horses and bulls as they run in the swamps and the salt pools of the Camargue.
We’ve crafted our itinerary to comfortably cover the most ground possible in this stunning area of the world, and to provide the greatest diversity of photo opportunities. Our accommodations are among the best and most comfortable available, and everything is all-inclusive, including gratuities for our excellent English-speaking local guides.
Expect to be challenged and to learn a lot in this workshop. We will be right beside you in the field, and later in the classroom for Lightroom post-processing instruction. We’ll also have our signature image critiques. In addition to photographic instruction, your guides will teach you about the people, culture, and ecology of these unique destinations.
UPDATE, June 16, 2022: This itinerary is going to have many changes made over the coming weeks. Stay tuned for updates!
Challenging: Lots of walking each day. Expect flat ground,hills, cobblestones, and stairs. A few hikes during the workshop, one is 3 hours round trip.
Arrive Marseille Provence Airport (MRS), Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur anytime on May 16, 2023. Flights out can be made after 11:00 AM on May 25, 2023.
What to Bring
Please see our page How To Prepare For Your Workshop. We will send you a detailed information document 90 days before your workshop. This document will include specifics of where and when to meet, gear and clothing recommendations, and more.
- Double occupancy lodging. Single available for $1,000 supplement.
- All meals, soft drinks, and snacks during the workshop
- All permits and park fees
- All transportation during the workshop
- Tips for crew, drivers, and local guides
- English speaking local guide throughout the workshop
- Photographic guiding and instruction from 2 pros
- Image reviews and post-processing instruction
- Adventure, fun, inspiration, and a great time!
- Travel to and from Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur.
- Passport and visa fees (if applicable).
- Any meals or accommodations before or after the workshop dates.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Travel Medical and Trip Cancellation Insurance (optional, but recommended).
- Anything else specifically not listed as included.
- Single rooming available for $1,000 supplement.
“There's no way to really quantify how much Kevin Pepper taught us. If I thanked Kevin and Muench Workshops a million times, it still wouldn't cut it. The best I can do is pass along that knowledge to my photographer friends who will be extremely jealous after I show them the pictures! It wasn't just about the pictures, Kevin made us all feel like we were your friend. It was pretty special. ”