David’s interest in photography began when he helped his father build a darkroom in the old coal closet in their basement in Rochester, NY. Years later, the purchase of his first DSLR led him to meet and shoot with Andy and Marc and eventually start Muench Workshops with them.
David’s first career was as an award-winning trailer editor, cutting movie previews and TV spots for campaigns such as Inception, The Last Samurai, Dunkirk, Interstellar, Arrival, and much more. This is where he first honed his creative sense of visual storytelling.
He has been an integral part of the behind-the-scenes development of Muench Workshops since its founding—helping to define and refine our vision, building the tools we use to run our business, as well as working on many of our workshops. In 2017 he left his day job to dedicate his time exclusively to Muench Workshops.
- England’s Lake District — March 15 – 24, 2024
- Wild Utah — May 3 – 11, 2024
- Night Sky Processing — May 13 – 15, 2024
- Donegal and Northern Ireland Coast — August 30 – September 7, 2024 (3 Spots Left)
- Adirondacks in Infrared — September 12 – 16, 2024
- Scotland isle of Lewis and Harris — March 3 – 11, 2025
- England’s Lake District — March 14 – 23, 2025
- Ireland’s Atlantic Coast — April 26 – May 4, 2025
- Oregon Coast and Redwoods — May 26 – June 1, 2025
- Spain — June 14 – 23, 2025
- Donegal and Northern Ireland Coast — August 30 – September 7, 2025
- Adirondacks in Infrared — September 12 – 16, 2025
Sold Out Workshops
- Death Valley in Black and White — December 5 – 10, 2023
This was probably the best-kept secret of your workshop. David and Kevin were available 24/7 for questions, not only during Lightroom sessions but on the bus and in the field as to how to use my camera, set up for shots, etc.
I got more intentional with my composition after all I learnt from David and Johnathan. I’m so grateful for the experience that Muench Workshops provides, I’ve grown more than I could ever imagine with just 2 workshops. Thank you for creating a community that fosters growth in all these amazing locations.